The Belly Dance Guide to Sydney, Australia
Many thanks to HipMix.net’s Thea for giving us all a Guide to Things Hip Down Under.
10 things a belly dancer must do in Sydney:
1. Attend Sydney Middle Eastern Dance Festival
It is held in late April/early May each year - it's Australia's premiere belly dance event chockful of workshops and performances.
2. Try the Tribal and Trance Festival
If you’re a Tribal dancer, you might prefer this. It is held every two years - next one due in 2012.
3. Experience one of Terezka's Monday night belly dance sessions
Located in her Sydney CBD studio with live musicians.
4. Check the Hathor Dance website to find restaurants with live belly dance performances.
5. Take some classes
Check the Sydney belly dance school listing on Bellydance Oz.
6. Catch a ferry on Sydney Harbour
Much cheaper than a Harbour Cruise and just as much fun!
7. Allow a day to visit Taronga Zoo
Take a picnic! Spectacular views and cuddly koalas!
8. Stay at Coogee Beach
It is nicer beach, less crowded, great cafes and good surf. You can walk the coastal path along to Bondi if you want a peek!
9. Catch a show or concert at the Sydney Opera House
Or at least take a walk around it!
10. Take a day trip to the Blue Mountains
Allows you to get a taste of the Australian bush.